ASD Reading is right for students across the spectrum. It works not only with students who speak, but also with those who do not. It is designed for students who are
- Not yet reading or struggling in learning to read.
- Decoding well but having problems in comprehension.
For a student who is not yet reading or has minimal reading skills, here's how to tell if he or she is ready for the program:
- 1. Can your student sit and carry out learning activities for 5 minutes at a time?
- 2. Is your student willing and able to use a computer or tablet (such as an iPad)?
- 3. Can your student match letters?
For example, can he or she identify which of the three letters on the bottom matches the one on the top?
For a student who is reading but having problems with comprehension, here's how to tell if ASD Reading is right for him or her:
Here is a brief 5 minute assessment to determine if your child is ready to do ASD Reading: